French Politician's Digital Enhancements Spark Debate Over About Image and Politics

 

Image: mirror.co.uk

Juliette de Causans, a French politician running for Senate, has been criticized for using Photoshop in her campaign posters to give herself a more youthful appearance. The use of digital retouching in political campaigns is a controversial topic, with some arguing that it is misleading to voters, while others argue that it is simply a way for politicians to present themselves in their best light.


Image: mirror.co.uk

Ms. de Causans is a member of the small centrist party Europe Ecologie Egalite. She entered politics in 2021 after working as a secondary school teacher. She ran for Parliament in 2022 but gained only 4.28% of the votes. Ms. de Causans released a campaign poster for her Senate run that showed her with a noticeably brighter complexion, straighter teeth, and more luscious hair than in unedited photos of her. The poster was widely criticized on social media, with some accusing Ms. de Causans of misleading voters.

Ms. de Causans has defended her use of digital retouching, saying that she has the right to present herself in a positive light. She has also argued that her use of retouching is no different from the use of makeup and lighting in other professions.

"In this type of election, it is necessary that the profession of faith takes a back seat. I embrace a more assertive femininity. I did my best to put every opportunity on my side so that people would read my program. Everyone has the right to a beautiful photograph. Yes, I posted a photo of me looking better than I did in 2022! Is this a crime? No. In this photo it's the other way around: I have longer hair, I'm wearing too much makeup, there was complex lighting treatment. It's really me, but it's another me version! ” Juliette de Cozan told reporters.

By the way, she is not the only one who uses Photoshop for the election campaign, Juliette de Cozan and her two friends, Tatiana Boteva Malo and Samira Herbal also use Photoshop for their campaign posters as well.

Image: mirror.co.uk


News source: mirror.co.uk

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Please ENABLE Javascript!Enable JavaScript