Miss Universe 2019: Steve Harvey "Oops I Did It Again"


Steve Harvey and the Miss Universe teleprompter just don't get along. In a strange mix up, host Harvey introduced the winner of the national costume contest, and after showing a photo of Miss Philippines Gazini Ganados in costume and declaring her the winner.


Harvey said, "Earlier this week, all the contestants competed in a National Costume contest". "Here's a look at the winner, Miss Philippines. This is it right here." He then introduced the contestant beside him, who was very clearly in a different outfit than the one that was just shown on screen. "It's not Philippines, it's Malaysia," contestant Shweta Sekhon said firmly. 

A flustered Harvey replied, "Let me explain something to you. I just read that in the teleprompter. Ya'll got to quit doing this to me. I can read. … Now, they are trying to fix it now. See? This is what they did to me back in 2015 – played me short like that." Clearly frustrated, Harvey muttered "that's crazy." "This is Malaysia, I really love this national costume of Malaysia." Harvey added, having learned from the mistake.


**UPDATE:
The Miss Universe organization tweeted out a correction Sunday night, claiming that Steve Harvey, and their teleprompter, was in fact correct when he declared Miss Philippines Gazini Ganados the winner of this year's National Costume category.



source
Please ENABLE Javascript!Enable JavaScript